Re: SQL*DBA Monitor question

From: Peter Moore <pt_at_chaff.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1995/08/17

In article: <mreagan-1108952223190001_at_mreagan.fast.net> mreagan_at_fast.net writes:

> > I am currently assisting a group in our facility by tracking their
 row/table
> > locks using SQL*DBA Monitor. Since we are trying to get as detailed
 as
> > possible of information from this, I am trying to figure out what
 the columns
> > 'Resource ID1' and 'Resource ID2' mean. The Oracle Utilities User's
 Guide
> > conveniently describes only the Mode Held and Mode Requested columns
 leaving me
> > in the dark.
> > Can anyone help me decipher this information?
> >
> > TIA,
> > Melisa
> > --
> > |Melisa Mrazik, Systems Officer | "When you choose the lesser |
> > |Citicorp, N.A. Westlake, TX | of two evils, always remeber |
> > |melisa.mrazik_at_citicorp.com | that it is still an evil." |
>
> The first is the OBJECT_ID from DBA_OBJECTS when ID2 is null. When
 both
> ID1 and ID2 have a value, I believe the first value is a coded version
 of
> the file and block number (according to the Fine Manual(s)).
>
> Matt...

Unfortunately, to make our jobs more interesting, the ID1 value only relates to DBA_OBJECTS.OBJECT_ID when the lock type is 'TM'.

This makes it impossible to check the location of an exclusive lock of type 'TX', surely something that is more likely to be needed!!

I tried this two days ago and was puzzled when I got no rows returned from DBA_OBJECTS. the above facts are buried in the manual somewhere, but are tricky to find.

Regards,

Pete