Re: Data Administration - Anyone Interested?

From: Bernard Craddock <bcraddoc_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: 1995/08/17

>>There seems to be a lack of attention in the news groups to data
>>administration as opposed to database administration. Topics such as
>>
>> Logical Data Modeling
>> Warehousing
>> Repositories
>> Strategies for modeling distributed data
>> and others
>>
>>Does anyone else out there feel that there needs to be a greater focus on
>>these subjects?
>>
>>It maybe that this is because news groups are generally visited most by
>>techies rather than business side people. I represent the Data
>>Administration Management Association (DAMA) and am thinking about
>>starting a news group on how to manage the data resource. Anyone
>>interested?
>>
>>Diana M. Stobart
>>Vice President
>>DAMA - Greater Boston Chapter

Diana,

Sounds like a great idea, I'm a DBA who over the past couple of years has been asked to become more and more involved with Data Modelling. Please Let me know when things get up and running.

Bernard Craddock
bcraddoc_at_ozemail.com.au Received on Thu Aug 17 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message