Oracle Security

From: ENDREV <endrev_at_aol.com>
Date: 1995/08/17

We would like to use the 'set role' command from our VB/Access applications, but we do not want to hard code the password for the role in the application. We have looked at various routines that will get the password and pass it back to the application, but the application still has to do a set role, so the password is still vulnurable if someone wants to debug/trace the application.

Is there any way to call a routine - stored procedure, dll, whatever - that will actually execute the set role? Received on Thu Aug 17 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message