Re: SqlNet help needed

From: Morgan Skinner <morgan.skinner_at_fisons-ls.com>
Date: 1995/08/16

edwardd_at_yin.earlham.edu wrote:

>I'm trying to get SQlv2 working between two Vaxes for the first
>time. Using Oracle 7.1.3.1.3, VMS v 5-5.2, TCP and Multinet.
>I'ts making me NUTS.

Edward,

Looks to me like the problem is buried way down within the guts of the log files you posted - namely the 'Failed to start dedicated server' bit. We had a lot of fun and games with Oracle initially. Anyway, I think your problem lies within the .COM file you are specifying in LISTENER.ORA, as I know that the 7.0.16 sample file was wrong. Here's ours...

$ _at_dka200:[oracle7.code_root.db_bugs]orauser_bugs
$ _at_dka200:[oracle7.code_root.rdbms]rdbmsuser.com
$!
$!
$  orasrv := $ORA_SYSTEM:SRV.EXE
$!
$! Start ORACLE server
$
$  orasrv "(LOCAL=NO)"
$  exit
$!

Retry startup of the listener, and then attempt a loopback connection - from your Oracle7 account, type the following...

SQLPLUS ALANMOOR/PASSWORD_at_SEED

Hope this helps - please feel free to email me if you have more questions. Received on Wed Aug 16 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message