Re: Forms 4.5 with Adaptec SCSI

From: Gregory E. Smith <smithcon_at_teleport.com>
Date: 1995/08/16

In <403if8$52k_at_merlin.resmel.bhp.com.au> Ian.I.F.Searle_at_msmail.bhp.com.au (Ian Searle) writes:

>I recently experienced problems with Form 4.5 runtime with an Adaptec
>SCSI controller and a 1Gb drive. Forms 4.5 GPFed shortly after being
>fired up. This happened EVERY time. Forms Designer 2000 was also
>running at the time. We "solved" the problem by swapping the 1Gb
>drive for a 500Mb IDE - then the problems went away.

I have had no problems with Forms4.5 on a system with an Adaptec 2940W hooked to Seagate 2.1GB Wide SCSI-II drives (the system also has an 850MB EIDE drive used for non-Oracle things). I do have 32MB of memory, Forms 4.5 and other Dev2000 tools being what they are. Running on top of Personal Oracle7 (7.1), this configuration has proven extremely stable.

  • Greg
--
-- Greg Smith, Smith Consulting         smithcon_at_teleport.com