OO4O dynaset/row aging

From: Sean Dillon <sean_at_netrix.net>
Date: 1995/08/15

This is going to sound like a dumb question, but....

When developing an application using OO4O, what is the most elegant way to handle an OIP-04119 error? That error indicates that the data in the row the user tried to edit has already been edited by another user, and that the particular row in the dynaset is out of date. Is there a way to refresh just one row of a dynaset -OR- refresh the whole dynaset and maintain what the user's position in the dynaset was? The dynasets in my application may get to be somewhat large (I guess - what's "large"?) at up to 500 rows, and I don't want to refresh the whole dynaset and then flip through the records trying to find the record the user was on IF I don't have to. Received on Tue Aug 15 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message