Re: What makes an Oracle Programmer a DBA?

From: Peter Constantinou <rosepete_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: 1995/08/14

Frustrated,

I hope I can relieve you frustration and shed some light...

Put simply, a DBA administers Databases where as a programmer Programs Database applications.

They are two entirely different jobs. A programmer with 10 years experience is not a DBA, just as a DBA with 10 years experience is not a programmer. There are, of course, people with experience of both, but that's different.

You do not become a DBA through Programming experience, or vice-versa.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Peter Constantinou

(An Oracle Developer AND Database Administrator) Received on Mon Aug 14 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message