Help Configuration Ques Designer/2000

From: Bernard Craddock <bcraddoc_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: 1995/08/13

Hi,

I have been given the task of installing Designer2000 in our site. Our client side is Windows for workgroups and the Server is Oracle7 on Unix.

I'll need to support about 6 designer users, and instead of installing designer on each of their workstaions i'd rather install it just once, and allow the designers access via their windows for workgroups network drive.

As i'm new to this product and don't as yet have much experience, I'm sure if this is a supported or even workable configuration, but it seems logical to me.

I have a cople of questions that perhaps you could answer including :-

  1. What system and oracle configuration parameters need setting on the workstations so as they can access the Designer 2000 software on the windows for workgroups network drive..
  2. Does each of these workstations require SQLNet or just the one with the Designer2000 software
  3. How is version control handled in this configuration.
  4. Can this configuration be expanded to include the Developer 2000 tools

If anyone has setup a designer/developer2000 environment for muiltiple users in this or any other configuration I would be happy to hear your experience details

Please post to this newgroup or email me direct at bcraddoc_at_ozemail.com.au thks in advance Bernard Craddock Received on Sun Aug 13 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message