No TCP/IP adapter under OSF/1

From: B. M. Brooks <legion_at_inet-serv.com>
Date: 1995/08/13

   I recently installed Oracle 7.0.15 on a new machine at work. This machine (a Digital 8200) is running the latest version (3.2b) of Digital Unix (formerly OSF/1).

   After creating the database, and verifying that I could connect to it using SQLPLUS, I configured SQL*Net. I created a listener.ora and tnsnames.ora on the server, and made additions to the tnsnames.ora on the client PC.

   I tested out SQLNet by establishing a link using the SQLPLUS on the machine and specifying a connection string (sqlplus scott/tiger_at_...). This worked correctly, however, when I attempt to connect from the PC, I get 'No Adapter' for the TCP/IP protocol, in the SQLNET.log and various trace files.

   Thinking that since it was a new version of the Unix OS, maybe I needed to re-link SQLNet for some reason, I reinstalled SQLNet and the TCP/IP adapter, and told the Oracle Installer to re-link the software. I tryed the test again with the same results.

   Any suggestions on what to try next, while waiting for Oracle Tech Support?

   Thanks...

   B. M. Brooks Received on Sun Aug 13 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message