Re: Has anyone done sqlnet/spx on NT workstation?

From: Paul Salay <psalay_at_primenet.com>
Date: 1995/08/13

mark smith (mark.smith%ccmail_at_x400gw.msfc.nasa.gov) wrote:
: We have ORACLE 7 running on a Novell server using SQLNET SPX. We are starting
: a transition to NT SERVER, but for migration/compatibility sake I need to
: connect to the database from our NT workstations using SQLNET SPX.

: So far I have moved from using Microsoft's Netware Client to Novell's Netware
: Client for NT (which includes nwcalls.dll and nwipxspx.dll). I am still
: getting the Oracle ORA:06460 error.

: Has anyone successfully connected via SQLNET SPX on an NT?

: Thanks for your help,

: Mark Smith

: mark.smith_at_msfc.nasa.gov

I have connected with SQL*Net 2.x on an NT workstation. Does that help or are you using 1.x SQL*Net. An Oracle support guy told me that SQL*Net1.x SPX was not available for NT, which I find hard to believe. It was relatively easy to get SQL*Net2.x up, so I just run both listeners. The rest of my clients are all 1.x SQL*Net. Anyway, let me know If I can help. Received on Sun Aug 13 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message