Re: Can't Start SQLDBA in Fullscreen Mode

From: David Kaufman <kaufmand_at_tusc.com>
Date: 1995/08/12

> Help. I can't start sqldba in fullscreen mode. When I type 'sqldba'
> this is what I get...
>
> $ sqldba
> DBA-00388: cannot start SQL*DBA in screen mode; check if values are legal:
> DBA-00389: toolkit resource file name is defined to tk2
> $
>
> It will start if I do a ... sqldba mode=line
> But Does anyone know what the problem might be?

What version and what platform are you on? TK2DEV worked with version 6 and needed a value like "ansi", "vt100", or one of the other supported term types.

In version 7 that has changed to ORACLE_TERM for UNIX and ORACLE_TERMINAL for VMS. There are only a few supported terminal types like in version 6 and they are not affected by the Oracle Terminal product definitions. You will also have to locate the resource files. They usually nested pretty far down the OFA directory path under ....rdbms/admin if UNIX or .....RDBMS.ADMIN] if VMS. I hope this helps, if not, you can repost with more detail.

David Kaufman
kaufman_at_tusc.com Received on Sat Aug 12 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message