Re: Des 2000/Reverse eng.

From: <Gary>
Date: 1995/08/11

Flemming,

How much RAM do you have on your PC? How about the swap file size? Permanent or temporary? Which version of SQL*Net are you using to log onto the database? Did you have any problems with your Designer/2000 install?

I've reverse engineered using the same version of client software as yours, against an HP-UX server with Oracle 7.1.4, using both SQL*Net 1.x and 2.x. The only 'problem' that people have run across is connecting to the remote database, in which case you wouldn't get the list of database objects (and I assume that the OK button would still be grayed out).

Please post again with some more info...

> fpm_at_mentor.cri.dk (Flemming P. Madsen) writes:
 <snip>
> When I choose 'OK' in 'Reverse engineer database objects' my screen first gets
> black. Then I get windows back, and nothing more happens.
>
> Are there any known problems with reverse engineering?
 <snip>
> Flemming Madsen
> Mentor/Denmark

Gary Wong
Information Technology Consultant
gary.wong_at_cyberstore.ca Received on Fri Aug 11 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message