Re: SQL*Net TCP/IP Packet Decoding

From: <stu_at_sierra.net>
Date: 1995/08/11

In <40e2r0$ke0_at_news-2.csn.net>, qase_at_csn.net (Charles Palczak) writes:
>Has anyone decoded SQL*Net Version 2 TCP/IP Packets. I have broken
>down the packets somewhat but need help. If anyone has more info on
>this it would be much appreciated.

If you are just trying to decode the SQL*Net V2 stuff that is added to the normal client-server traffic, it isn't too hard. If you are trying to decode every byte in the entire packet (i.e. the client-server or application-kernel traffic) then you have years of work ahead of you. After working a decade and a half at Oracle, I still had a hard time! Received on Fri Aug 11 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message