Re: Power Objects and WIN-OS2

From: Kasu Sista <sista_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 1995/08/11

>Hi All,

>Not professing to be an OS2 expert I have a question regarding Power
>Objects and WIN-OS2.

>I witnessed a strange event the other day, a pentium 90 with 32 megs
>of RAM running a compiled Power Objects exe of the MLDONE application.
>My compaq AERO 4/33C ran faster (486SX 33MH system) with 12 MB of RAM.

>Question how does OS2 implement a WIN-OS2 session?

>What would have made the application run like a dog?

I am not an OS-2 expert either. But it is possible that OS-2 allocated a lot less memory to windows than 12MB, since it runs windows as a task. I think there is also a difference in how windows is run between OS-2/2.1 and Warp. May be there is a way to allocate more memory to windows.

Kasu Sista
Links Technology Corp.
Chicago, IL Received on Fri Aug 11 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message