Re: Data Administration - Anyone Interested?

From: Don Smith <eddas_at_huber.com>
Date: 1995/08/10

In article <40blg0$8p_at_empire.texas.net>, kramm_at_pcnet.com (Mark A. Kramm) writes:
|> I believe that the days of a separate data administration dept. and a database administration dept.
|> are gone. Because the advent of integrated CASE tools, one has to be proficient in both upper and
|> lower (logical and physical ) areas when designing systems. I believe that we should not segregate
|> this information into separate forums but strive to merge these tectonics and methods.
|>
|> That just one mans opinion
|>
|> Mark

I certainly agree that data administration and database administration should be in the same department. But this here is an oracle-specific newsgroup. The more general stuff needs to be in a separate forum so we can share it with those sybase and informix people and even some theorists who never actually touch a real database.

So put me down as favoring such a newsgroup.

Donald A. Smith         No, that was JOHN Smith
eddas_at_huber.com         I have never met Pocahontas