Re: Stack Overflow on PO7

From: Thomas J Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1995/08/10

MNEHL_at_netins.net (Marcus F. Nehl) wrote:

Sorry, I made a TYPO. Should be "look for sndevnts.DRV" not sndevnts.386. Also, increasing DOS stacks will not affect this problem at all. It anything, increasing DOS stacks will only take away memory from windows. I have my stacks set at STACKS=0,0

Hope this helps, let me know.

>In article <40agjp$mvm_at_inet-nntp-gw-1.us.oracle.com>, tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
>says...
><My original stuff deleted>
>>>PO7 doc's say that you can get stack overflows if you're using MS Sound
>>>System 2.0. just a shot in the dark...

>>>david
>>
>>Yes that is true. To see if this is happening do the following:
>>
>>You must go into system.ini (in \windows) and delete one entry in the line
>>that contains "drivers= ...." , DELETE ONLY THE ENTRY "sndevnts.386".
 Leave
>>the other entries there.
>>
>>Try po7 then.
>>
>>I have no idea what sndevnts.386 is or does. My system runs the same as it
 did
>>before it. BTW, I couldn't use qemm386 with sndevnts.386 either. I had a
 bad
>>time with ramdoubler before I took it out as well. Removing that one entry
>>makes my entire windows environment much more stable. (btw, I *highly*
>>recommend ramdoubler for windows. I can run infinitely more applications
 since
>>it effectively doubles my dos, gdi, and user resources. I can get 15 to 20
>>things running at the same time including po7, forms4.5 designer and
 runtime,
>>powerpoint, word, Oracle Office, tcp/ip, and so on.)
>>

>>Thomas Kyte
>>tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
>>Oracle Government
>>

>I do not have the sndevnts.386 driver in my system.ini file and this
>problem still persists even if I crank up my stacks to 64,512. I'm
>completely miffed.
>--
>Marcus F. Nehl
>McGladrey & Pullen
>Iowa Information Technology Group
>MNEHL_at_ins.infonet.net

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government Received on Thu Aug 10 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message