Having problems with Oraterm 2.0 & Forms 4.0 ???

From: Derek Scherger <dscherger_at_sierrasys.com>
Date: 1995/08/09

Hi there, we are having problems defining a Terminal Definition for ORACLE Forms. We are using ORACLE Forms 4.0 to generate screens in character mode on a Sun Sparcstation. Eventually these screens will be deployed on a large number of dumb terminals. We *have* to use ORACLE Forms 4.0 and we *have* to produce character-mode forms or come up with a concrete reason why not.

Basically, Oraterm20 won't produce a resource file, it simply croaks saying "FRM-40918: Internal error -- Unable to initialize Toolkit." We do have a standard vt100 resource file (fmrcvt100.res) but can't for example, recreate one with oraterm20. The standard one does allow Forms4 to run in character mode, but the keys are all wrong, so we need to modify it, or create a new one, which we can't!

We have heard that oraterm1x resource files (vt100.r) should work with forms4 to build character mode screens, but forms40 doesn't like the .r resource files, it can't find a file it needs. If we rename the .r file to .res forms40 says it can't initialize the toolkit. Any ideas what the differences in these file types may be? Is there a conversion program (.r to res) around anywhere?

Questions:

Does Oraterm20 work with Forms40 to produce character mode screens? Has anyone seen (and hopefully fixed) the FRM-40918 error described above?

Any ideas?

Many Thanks!

Derek Scherger
Sierra Systems Consultants Inc.
dscherger_at_sierrasys.com Received on Wed Aug 09 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message