Re: Stack Overflow on PO7

From: Marcus F. Nehl <MNEHL_at_netins.net>
Date: 1995/08/09

In article <40agjp$mvm_at_inet-nntp-gw-1.us.oracle.com>, tkyte_at_us.oracle.com says...
<My original stuff deleted>
>>PO7 doc's say that you can get stack overflows if you're using MS Sound
>>System 2.0. just a shot in the dark...

>>david
>
>Yes that is true. To see if this is happening do the following:
>
>You must go into system.ini (in \windows) and delete one entry in the line
>that contains "drivers= ...." , DELETE ONLY THE ENTRY "sndevnts.386".
 Leave
>the other entries there.
>
>Try po7 then.
>
>I have no idea what sndevnts.386 is or does. My system runs the same as it
 did
>before it. BTW, I couldn't use qemm386 with sndevnts.386 either. I had a
 bad
>time with ramdoubler before I took it out as well. Removing that one entry
>makes my entire windows environment much more stable. (btw, I *highly*
>recommend ramdoubler for windows. I can run infinitely more applications
 since
>it effectively doubles my dos, gdi, and user resources. I can get 15 to 20
>things running at the same time including po7, forms4.5 designer and
 runtime,
>powerpoint, word, Oracle Office, tcp/ip, and so on.)
>

>Thomas Kyte
>tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
>Oracle Government

I do not have the sndevnts.386 driver in my system.ini file and this problem still persists even if I crank up my stacks to 64,512. I'm completely miffed.

--
Marcus F. Nehl
McGladrey & Pullen