Re: how to increase extent size

From: <deangup_at_admin.ci.seattle.wa.us>
Date: 1995/08/07

> leng_at_cougar.vut.edu.au (Leng Kaing) writes:
> krajan_at_uoft02.utoledo.edu wrote:

> I think you need to ask your dba to increase size of tablespace testspace.

I agree with Leng. Your message says it tried to allocate an extent in a tablespace but couldn't. So the problem is in the tablespace, not the table. The tablespace may not have a piece of contiguous freespace large enough to hold your extent. Leng's response is to add some more space to the tablespace. An alternate response is to defragment the tablespace. Another consideration is whether you really need an extent that big; asking for a smaller extent might have worked. You can adjust the size of extents a table asks for with the ALTER TABLE command. Received on Mon Aug 07 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message