Re: how to increase extent size

From: Leng Kaing <leng_at_cougar.vut.edu.au>
Date: 1995/08/07

krajan_at_uoft02.utoledo.edu wrote:

: I an new to the world of oracle. I am trying to create a table with
: some check constraints and am getting an error like this.
: "unable to allocate an extent of 225 on tablespace testspace".
: I guess the problem is to increase the extent size for the given
: tablespace.can anybody tell me how to increase the extent size
: of a table ?
I think you need to ask your dba to increase size of tablespace testspace. An easy way of doing this is by using

   	ALTER TABLESPACE testspace
	ADD DATAFILE '<fullpathname>' SIZE <required-size>;

Good luck,
Leng.

--
                       Standard Disclaimer Applies

Leng Kaing
Software Consultant/DBA      _at_
Dept of IT&S                _at_|@        Tel:   +61-3-688-4368
VUT - Footscray Campus        \|/      Fax:   +61-3-688-4800
PO Box 14428, MMC             ) (      Email: leng_at_tiger.vut.edu.au
Melbourne 3000, Australia    (___)     WWW:   http://www.vut.edu.au/~leng