Re: Anyone remember rpt?

From: Richard Avery <richard_avery_at_nt.com>
Date: 1995/08/07

We are currently upgrading Oracle Financials from 9.4 to 10.5 and one of the major tasks is re-working reports. Where possible we are moving away from RPT as it will not be supported in future Financials Versions.

We find the easiest way is just to cut out the various select statements into separate ascii files edit them to follow the new layout and to be more suitable for Oracle Reports and then simply import the ASCII and play around with the formatting.

This may be a pain if your reports are _very_ complex. On the other hand you do end up with something far more supportable.

Good Luck,
Richard Avery

--
The above posting does not represent the views of Nortel in any way.