Re: SQL*Net TCP/IP listener for PO7 Enterprise Edition?

From: Gordon E. Hooker <gordonh_at_acslink.net.au>
Date: 1995/08/06

mike.bray_at_nols.edu (Mike Bray) wrote:

>I just downloaded the trial version of Personal Oracle7 Enterprise
>Edition, the one that supposedly includes support for clients to
>connect via SQL*Net. The database runs, the local tools run, and I can
>use SQL*Net to connect to my unix based oracle server without any
>problem. I just can't connect any remote machines to this server.
>"telnet windowsbox 1525" gets "connection refused". Under unix, I need
>to start the orasrv process with "tcpctl". Is there some parallel
>under windows?

>I'm running Windows for Workgroups, with Microsoft's "wolverine" tcp/ip
>stack. Is "wolverine" the "microsoft tcp/ip (VxD)" option during
>installation where you select the TCP/IP vendor? I don't find any
>reference to either "wolverine" or "starting a SQL*Net listener" on
>oracle's support web, their compuserve files, or under the
>www.oracle.com support pages.

>Thanks,
>Mike Bray
>mike.bray_at_nols.edu
>307-332-1279

Mike,

I was under the impression that PO7 Enterprise would allow you to do things like distributed computing etc. , but it was initiated from the PO7 Enterprise database not the other way round.

Gordon Hooker MACS PCP                                     ,--_|\
25 Clarke Street, Ripley, Queensland, 4306, Australia     /      \
gordonh_at_acslink.net.au                                    \_.--._/
mobile: 018883835 phone: 61-7-2889716                           V
The opinions you read here are mine and not necessarily those of my employers. Although, I must say they are the truth, the whole truth, and nothing like the truth. As far as I'm concerned anyway... Received on Sun Aug 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message