Re: Terrible Technical Support - NOT

From: Simon Paul at Maverick <simonp_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/08/05

It was noted that Mike Perkins <Mike.Perkins_at_DaytonOH.ATTGIS.COM> wrote:

>Hi Ron,
>It's really funny how one customer can get support that he would call
>satisfactory will another will say it is pure crap. In fact Ron and I both
>work for the same company in different departments and I will classify
>Oracle Support as absolutely pitiful. I once called Oracle regarding a
>GL Financials problems on a production system. I called the problem
>in as a down production system because without the module working we
>were unable to load transactions into the GL ( making a GL pretty useless ).
>The analyst that I worked with gathered the appropriate information and
>said that he would call me back. When I inquired as to when he would
>call me back he said 'Probably today, maybe tomorrow'. That is
>unexceptable for a down production system. Possibly the most frustrating
>trend with Oracle Support is that they don't return calls in a timely manner
>taking hours, even days to follow up. You have to keep calling and calling
>and sit by your phone because you are afraid to miss the call and start
>the whole process over again.

===snip====

PMFJI, but Oracle support is OK if you use the right tactics on them... the problem is that when your application is highly customized (Financials), and they usually are... Oracle er, struggles a bit.

I have a list of things to do to give yourself a good chance of getting good support... it might be very obvious to most people but someone may want it... by all means email me if you want it.

BTW... we'll have several of our consultants at Washington DC and we are interested in making contact with good Oracle Applications people... find us on stand 25.

Simon Paul
Maverick Computing
Oracle & Oracle Financials Consultants
phone 305 592 9990 fax: 305 592 9974
simonp_at_ix.netcom.com OR 73302,1014 on compuserve Received on Sat Aug 05 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message