SQL*Net 2.1 and FTP's OnNet TCP/IP 1.2 (or 2.0)?

From: T Ojala <tojala_at_tukki.jyu.fi>
Date: 1995/08/05

Hi!

Oracle Developer installer seems to know only version 1.1 of OnNet. I was told that 1.2 is not (yet) supported by Oracle. When I tried to connect to the database, the connection seemed to be alright but only for so long as I didn' t do anything!! The first operation (a select for example) crashed my client application!!??

Well, I got it working anyway... the trick was to use the whole domain name spec instead of the service name which works fine between two VAXes. The connection time between a client PC and a server seems to be slow (2-3 times the time when using SQL*Net 1), but this is a known "feature". All this left me quite unsure about using OnNet 2.0 with Oracle. Is there anybody using OnNet v 1.2 (or 2.0) with Oracle CDE2-tools and SQL*Net 2.1? Did you have any problems? Please let me know. Thanks!!   Received on Sat Aug 05 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message