Re: relational DB <=>C++ Classes

From: Ted Kyriakakis <subtle_at_world.std.com>
Date: 1995/08/05

In article <DCI6G4.Hu5_at_tigadmin.ml.com>, Krishna Veeraghanta <krishnav_at_ferrari> wrote:
>Hi,
>

> I'm trying to find a library that would map a relational database
>tables to C++ classes. Also, I'm trying to find a library that could
>read a database ( relational ) and keep it in memory as we are doing
>high performance transaction processing. I heard about dbtools.h++ but
>somebody told me that it is generic but not high on performance. We
>are using Oracle on a HP platform. The data that need to be memory
>resident is about 50-100Mb. It rarerly gets updated ( say once a
>week maybe ). Does anyone out there have any ideas, opinions on how
>to approach this problem.......????

Subtleware for C++ from Subtle Software seems to fit the bill. Subtleware for C++ provides a class library/framework and tools to simplify the mapping of C++ objects to and from a relational database (Oracle is supported). The tools include:

  1. the Subtleware Class Generator (CGEN) - that automates the creation of C++ classes from relational database schema, and
  2. the Subtleware Persistence Generator (SGEN) - that automates the creation of relational database schema and DML mapping code to store your C++ objects.

CGEN is currently being offered at an introductory price of $89 as a standalone tool. CGEN, SGEN, and the Subtleware class libary is offered as an integrated C++ persistence toolkit from Subtle Software and as part of Cadre Technology's Application Factory product.

For more information, see Subtle's Web home page at:

  http://world.std.com/~subtle/index.html

or contact me directly via email at:

  subtle_at_world.std.com

To contact a sales representative, call Frank Yacano at (617) 558-4102.

  • Ted Kyriakakis