Re: help needed in sql*reportwriter

From: Mark Grand <mdg_at_netcom22.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/08/04

In article <3vr50h$7ru_at_risky.ecs.umass.edu> sbommu_at_risky.ecs.umass.edu (Surendra K Bommu) writes:

> Right now the way I am getting over this problem is by creating the
> view in sqlplus and then accessing it through sqlreportwriter, but since I am
> going to use that view only for that particular report it would be great
> if there is someway to create the view within sql*reportwriter and drop it
> after the report is complete.

There is a way. A view is a select that is stored in the data base. If you don't want to store the view in the database, you can embed it in your query by replacing the view name with the select in parenthesis. For example (not tested):

SELECT avg(sales) from (select sum(sales) sales from SALE_TBL group by state)

--
Mark Grand              Voicemail: 1-800-RAPID60