Re: Anyone remember rpt?

From: Gareth Husk <Gareth_at_thaw.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1995/08/03

IIn article <3vpjf2$2ljq_at_usenetp1.news.prodigy.com>, Ken Ingram writes:

>RPT files are the source code for SQL*Report (believe it or not, we
>still use it). When you involk a report, the .RPT file compiles into
 a .
>RPF file (sort of an object file) which is converted into the final
 text
>output. The reason we're still using it (even with Oracle7) is
 because
>there wasn't a good conversion method.

Has to be said for some of the reports that my users demand rpt is the best solution, especially that duplexed report with variable grid in it (you think I jest).

There is an rpt to C conversion utility available. In the UK I believe it was handled by SEQTEC who also deal with SQL*Converter (2.3 -> 3.0) and GUI*Converter (3.0 -> pick the latest name for forms ;-).

Has to be said that at every user group meeting I go to, everybody still has so rpt reports.

Gareth

This message comes to you from: gareth_at_thaw.demon.co.uk

I am a person of very small brain and long addresses bother me.
========Another missive from The Hundred Acre Wood=============