Re: DEFRAG TableSpace

From: PETER FROST <pfrost_at_sfsu.edu>
Date: 1995/08/03

kristoff_at_baseware.com wrote:
: > dganderso_at_figmnt.tayloru.edu (Doug Anderson) writes:
: > In any case, Oracle needs the same thing for Tablespaces. Everyone knows
: > it. Why don't we hear of such a thing coming in a not-too-distant release?
: > Is it because some DBAs get their jollies out of spending weekends Exporting
: > and Importing?

Eventus Software of San Bruno, CA also has a defrag utility called ADHAWK SPACER. Less expensive and is supposed to work as well if not better. Never used it but that's what I've heard. Received on Thu Aug 03 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message