Re: %ROWTYPE question

From: S. Kannan <skannan_at_cardinal.fs.com>
Date: 1995/08/03

Rory Reynoldson (rory_at_falcon.inetnebr.com) wrote:

: Quick question:

: I am selecting data into a rowtype variable, and modifying it
: slightly, at which time I want to insert it as a new row. What is
: the syntax? I've tried the obvious (to me) without much luck.
: I'm doing this remotely with no manuals so am unable to look it up.

: Thanks!

: Rory Reynoldson
: rory_at_inetnebr.com

     You have to expand on all the columns of the rowtype, at the time
     of the insert. The insert statement has to be given a column list.
     The following statement is INVALID:

     Insert into <t1> values (<row_type variable>) (Was this your "obvious"
						    choice?)
     The correct statement is

     Insert into <t1> values (<row_type.column1>,<row_type.column2>...)

     Hope this helps.
Kannan
Email: skannan_at_fs.com

The above are my own comments and opinion. They do not purport that of
anybody else.