Re: SQL*Net V1 connect to Server w/SQL*Net V1 & V2 support.

From: Mike Morgan <mike.morgan_at_teldta.com>
Date: 1995/08/02

"Scott D. Shigo" <sshigo> wrote:
>Hello: We have an Oracle V7.1.6.2.0 server installed with both SQL*NET V1
>& V2, but SQL*Net V2 is not configured(w/ NETMAN), our oracle client machines
>also have SQL*Net v1 & v2 installed, v2 isn't configured. When we connect
>to the remote database from the client where TWO_TASK environment
>variable is set to an alias in /etc/sqlnet we get the following message:
>
>ERROR: ORA-12154: (Cnct err, can't get err txt. See Servr Msgs & Codes
>Manual)
>
>This msg indicates that the alias could'nt be resolved in tnsnames.ora
>file, which in our case doesn't exist(SQL*Net V2 isn't configured). When
>we connect with a _at_T:host:sid it works. Is there any way to use SQL*Net
>V1 aliases via TWO_TASK environment as we had before on our V6 server
>without the V7 server trying to use SQL*Net V2.

Scott,

You should be able to connect via V1 by setting your TWO_TASK variable equal to your V1 connect string.

Unix ksh example: export TWO_TASK=T:host:sid

Regards,
Mike

Mike Morgan
Technology Integration Services - Unix DBA

email: Mike.Morgan_at_teldta.com

TDS Computing Services
301 S. Westfield Road
Madison, WI 53705  USA
(608)845-4661

"The DBA is always right ... even when [s]he's wrong."