Re: Oracle Webkit Platforms!!!!!

From: Brian Suthoff <bsuthoff_at_brcorp.com>
Date: 1995/08/02

In article <DCnI3D.8F6_at_inter.NL.net>, pvdbrink_at_inter.nl.net wrote:

> Hello,
> I´m looking for tools to integrate an Oracle DB with the Web. I heard a lot
> about different tools like: The Oracle Internet Web Kit (Colf Fusion, SQLWeb,
> Oraperl ect.... What I don´t know is, on which hardware and operating(OS)
> platforms they are supported???
>
> Can someone give me a short overview of these tools and platforms they run
> on ????
> THANKS !!!
Here's my $0.02;

Cold Fusion -> Windows 95 and Windows NT (http://www.allaire.com/cfusion/)

Oraperl -> UNIX. Various database access scrips (e.g. WDB) require the Oraperl, Sybperl, etc. Perl extenstions to work. In theory, they should run on any system supporting Perl, httpd and database specific client apps (if required). In practice, we couldn't get Sybperl to work on a Windows NT machine and I expect the same is true for Oraperl.

Brian

Brian Suthoff      9812 Falls Road, Suite 100
Consultant         Potomac, Maryland 20854 USA
BRC                http://www.brcorp.com/pub/brcorp/home.html