Re: Anyone remember rpt?

From: <mreagan_at_fast.net>
Date: 1995/08/02

In article <Pine.LNX.3.91.950802152531.27421C-100000_at_big.aa.net>, Fernando Luna <fern_at_aa.net> wrote:

> On 2 Aug 1995, Roger Hale wrote:
>
> > I've inherited some applications which are running under RDBMS version
> > 6.0.37, and are using rpt (there are several files with ".rpt" extensions).
> > Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe rpt is not the same thing as
> > SQL*Report (?) Also, does anyone know of a utility to convert rpt code to
> > SQL*Reportwriter, or SQR? I've contacted Oracle Support about this, but the
> > people I spoke with didn't seem to remember what rpt was!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Roger
> > rhale_at_michsb.trw.com

Roger,

RPT lead to SQL*ReportWriter, which lead to Oracle Reports. And, yes, many of the people that I have dealt with at Oracle don't remember RPT. Then again, some of them have just gotten their first car, filed their taxes for the first time, etc.

There is a tool that converts RPT to SQR. TUSC, based in Chicago, currently sells this product. I don't have their number on me, but if you can't get it via information, let me know and I'll dig it up.

TUSC stands for The Ultimate Software Consultants.

I have not used their tool personally, but I have heard positive things about the latest version.

Matt... Received on Wed Aug 02 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message