Re: Anyone remember rpt?

From: Fernando Luna <fern_at_aa.net>
Date: 1995/08/02

On 2 Aug 1995, Roger Hale wrote:

> I've inherited some applications which are running under RDBMS version
> 6.0.37, and are using rpt (there are several files with ".rpt" extensions).
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe rpt is not the same thing as
> SQL*Report (?) Also, does anyone know of a utility to convert rpt code to
> SQL*Reportwriter, or SQR? I've contacted Oracle Support about this, but the
> people I spoke with didn't seem to remember what rpt was!
>
> Thanks,
> Roger
> rhale_at_michsb.trw.com

Yes! I remember RPT.... It's more of a script language, rather than having any interface like SQL*ReportWriter does... You basically have a declare section for your variables, then a section for defining macros...once you've done that then you call the report function and your arguments to the report function are the macros you've defined... There are also formatting commands which are stored in files with an rpf extension... If you need more information or an example, please let me know!

Later...

Fernando Luna  	   E-mail:        	fern_at_aa.net
Kent, WA         HomePage: http://www.aa.net/~fern/

Do you know about being with somebody? Wanting to be? If I had the whole universe, I'd give it to you, Janice. When I see you, I feel like I'm hungry all over. Do you know how that feels?
  • Charlie Evans, "Charlie X", stardate 1535.8