Re: PO7-can't connect as internal

From: DinoBoy <jwalker_at_ca.oracle.com>
Date: 1995/08/02

In article <3vj6va$ev2_at_news.ed.ray.com> swong_at_ED.RAY.COM writes:
>From: swong_at_ED.RAY.COM
>Subject: PO7-can't connect as internal
>Date: 31 Jul 1995 18:21:29 GMT

>Help!! I've tried to connect internal within SQLDBA and it asks me for a
>password. What gives? I thought it's supposed to not ask for one. I entered
>one in and gave me an insufficient privileges error. Any help would be
>appreciated.

>Steve W.

>Opinions are my own, not my employer.

Personal Oracle cannot authenticate a DBA at the operating system level due to the nature of desktop machines. Therefore during the installation process you are asked to assign a password to the database. If you didn't do this, or don't remember doing this then the password is a default value of oracle. Just type oracle for the password when you connect internal. Hope this helps Received on Wed Aug 02 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message