Re: Reverse engineering of database definitions

From: Doug Henderson <djhender_at_canuck.com>
Date: 1995/08/01

tok_at_sni.dk (Tom Krühlmann) wrote:

>Does anyone know of a tool, that will run with Oracle 6 as well as 7, and
>which is able to extract table / index definitions as well as views and
>synonyms and perhaps users ?

>I don't wanna use CASE.

>Tom Kruhlmann
>tok_at_sni.dk

I have a suite of SQL*Plus scripts which go against the data dictionary views to display that information in the format of DDL statements. With a bit of light editing, the output from these scripts can be fed back into SQL*Plus to clone tables. etc.

My version works with V7. Some editing would be required to make it work with V6.

--
Doug Henderson, Glen Coulee Consulting, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
[Sent using Free Agent 1.0]