Re: duplicates

From: Ken Friday <ken.friday_at_teldta.com>
Date: 1995/08/01

ucfaabe_at_ucl.ac.uk (Mr Angus Beare) wrote:

>I have a table that I want to create a unique index for
>but I can't because of duplicates. Oracle won't tell
>me where they are.
>
>Does anyone know a quick way to find duplicate records?
>
>thanks for any suggestions
>
>Gus
>
>--
>Angus Beare

I agree with the response re: need for rowid. If your on V7 try using the "excptions" clause when creating a unique or primary key constraint. This will place the rowids in a specified table that can be viewed and used has a base for deletions. Note that this table will contain both (or all) duplicated rows (since oracle doesn't know which is valid).

Good luck
K. Friday Received on Tue Aug 01 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message