Re: Adding Ref. Integrity

From: Simon Thompson <scthomp_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1995/08/01

In message <1995Jul27.173526.8327_at_logibec.com> - alc_at_nyx (Alain Cheong Chun Lin ) writes:
:>
:>> In message <3uivok$ue1_at_caesar.ultra.net> - rblizard_at_bb.cmcsys.com (Bob
 Blizard)
:>> writes:
:>I am tring to add referential integrity to an already populated table. I keep
:>getting an ORA2294 error - parent keys do not exist.
:>
:>Looks like your 'already populated table' contains data that violates your
:>new integrity constraint. Double check your new constraint to satisfy your
:>existing data. You may after all have invalid data in your table.

No, I checked, double, and even triple checked. All child records had parent records. It happened on another table. On calling Oracle I found out is is a bug (Oracle 7.1.4.3 for OS/2). If you drop the statistics on the parent and child tables, it works perfectly! Received on Tue Aug 01 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message