Oracle on SCO Unix

From: Jim Smith <jim_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1995/07/31

I have a very old system which I use to hold statistics collected from other databases and which also runs a change request recording system with a maximum of five users. It runs adequately on this spec:

Compaq Deskpro 386/33
8Mb RAM
300Mb disk

SCO 3.2.3.2
Oracle 6.0.27 (Yes it is that old)

I need to upgrade Oracle for obvious reasons.

I have ordered 7.1.4 and it says it requires a 386 and 16mb of RAM.

This seems optimistic. It also seems likely that the current version of SCO will require more resources than the old one.

Does anyone have any experience of whether Oracle 7.1 will run adequately on a 386 under current versions of SCO.

Jim Smith                      jim_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk
Oracle DBA

If you've read this far you must be really sad. Received on Mon Jul 31 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message