Defragment tablepace program for Oracle v6

From: Amit Srivastava <amit_at_MCS.COM>
Date: 1995/07/31

Hi,

         I am trying to write a defragmentation program (using perl) for Oracle v6. Basically, I am looking at the table dba_free_space and getting the blocks listed in it, sorted by block order. Then I look at the largest contigous size block space available, by connecting adjacent blocks.
I then, go about creating temp. tables in desc avail space order.

        However, after creating the first table I get the ORA-6004 error occured at recursive SQL Level.

        Theoretically, I think, after creating the tables I would just go about dropping them. And I would have all my largest cont. blocks.

        BUT I don't know what I could be doing wrong?

--
              _/_