Re: Select statement question

From: John Jones <john_at_iluvatar.tip.duke.edu>
Date: 1995/07/31

Yes, it is very possible. In your select statement just use the pipe sign to cat the data. Use || between each field that you want. you can do anything such as SELECT NAME||','||ADDRESS||',' AND SO ON. Just realize that they will be in variable length format not FIXED length. You can add anything that you want. Then just spool the select to a file. This is known as creating sql statements using sql.

John Jones			| my views are my own.........
Oracle Consultant		| no matter what company they are
john_at_iluvatar.tip.duke.edu	| coming from.