Re: Windows freezing during SQL*PLUS execution.

From: Bob King <rking_at_dfw.net>
Date: 1995/07/31

In article <3v8mkt$ba6_at_helios.vanderbilt.edu>, FOUGHTRL_at_CTRVAX.VANDERBILT.EDU says...

> When performing data manipulation operations from a client
>Windows i486 machine using SQL*PLUS the client machine gets
>locked up (no other work can be done on the client, can't even
>ALT-TAB to program manager).
> Anybody have the same problem. Is there a system setting of
>some kind on the client to alleviate this problem?
>Thanks in advance - Randy Fought

        This is pretty typical Windows client-server reponse. We started seein this before using sqlnet for windows when using MSMail with our mailbox on the server. Every time the system checked for mail, The PC would "lock up" - the mouse would move, but nothing really work. I don't think Oracle was doing anything too strange.

--
Bob King - rking_at_dfw.net
business ph. - (817) 551-8223