Re: Stored Procedures

From: PKelley772 <pkelley772_at_aol.com>
Date: 1995/07/31

I've used stored procedures with a certain amount of pleasure and have had
no problems with "record locking." I'd be interested in any details...

  I've found that PL/SQL can be moved easily to/from stored procedures to/from Forms to/from SQL scripts to/from pre-compiler (Pro*C). Occasionally you run into different versions of the PL/SQL compiler, which can complicate things, but there are manuals for that sort of thing. Perhaps this counters your scalability allegation?

PL/SQL is very useful in the Oracle environment, as are database triggers
and stored procedures. Locked in? I suppose. We're also getting a lot of work done using PL/SQL. Are there ANSI alternatives? The curve for PL/SQL is no longer than proprietary scripting languages from
other vendors, and is much shorter than learning pre-compiler or OCI.        Received on Mon Jul 31 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message