Populating Long Raw fields in Oracle

From: Adeeb Fadel <afadel_at_emunix.emich.edu>
Date: 1995/07/29

I am trying to populate a Long Raw field with data such as a graphic, a Word document or an Excel spreadsheet. Is this possible?

If it is possible, how do I do it? What controls or additional software do I need. We are developing a product with VB 3.o as a front end and I need to be able to populate long raw fields with data or retrieve from it.

Is OLE2 appropriate here? We are using SQL* Net 2.0 to acccess the Oracle database on a Unix platform .

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated ( and desperatly needed!)

Thanks,

  1. Fadel