Re: Script needed to startup database in Oracle

From: Bob Johnson <bobj_at_magna.com.au>
Date: 1995/07/29

In article <3uovk2$re2_at_ernie.lbm.com>, nuthulav_at_lbm.com says...

>Hi guys..
>I am looking for a way to write a script to connect/mount a database,
>as a user other than "oracle". This is supposed to be done in Oracle
>7.1.4. If anyone has any examples of such scripts or has some
>references that I can look at, please mail me a message at
>nuthulav_at_lbm.com
>Thanks,
>Vijay

Why would you want a user other than oracle to start a database?? Surely all users can access the database once it's started?

If you're using unix, members of the group 'dba' can start/stop/create or whatever you want.

Failing that you can issue a command like

                "su - oracle -c your_script_to_start_oracle"

Hope it helps

Bob Received on Sat Jul 29 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message