Re: HELP on SQL*NET V1 Setup

From: Pedro Bandeira <pbandei>
Date: 1995/07/29

Sybrand Bakker <Sybrand.Bakker_at_bentley.nl> wrote:
>wbeekman_at_infoconcepts.com (Wayne Beekman) wrote:
>>This is the error message - Please Email me direct if you have an
>>answer. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>SQL> connect issuser/issuer_at_t:suna/1525:a
>>ERROR: ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
>

>I don't know on which platform you are running, probably on Unix?
>What is strange in this connect string is that the tcp port number is
>included. The error means that it can't parse the connect string.

Not likely. ORA3113 is usually the client-side error for an abnormal connection termination (possibly a server-side internal error). You may want to check for trace files (ora*.trc) in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/log, and call Oracle support if you find any, and if your connection attempts keep generating more.

>This should be something like 'issuer/issuer_at_t:suna:a'. The tcp port number
>should be defined in your services file or in your oracle.ini file if you
>are running a windows client.

True, but I remember that there IS a way of specifying the port number in the connection string. I don't remember the syntax, but this one may be the correct one.

> Also, you should consider creating a
>sqlnet.ora file with the following line:
>sqlnet dbname a=t:suna:a
>This will enable you to connect with '_at_t:a'. You can find more
>information on this in your documentation.
>
>Hope this helps
>
>Regards,
>
>Sybrand Bakker,
>Senior IS Analyst

Regards

     Pedro Received on Sat Jul 29 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message