Re: Reorg tblspace using import

From: Bob Johnson <bobj_at_magna.com.au>
Date: 1995/07/29

In article <3uo588$hn9_at_raffles.technet.sg>, tritech_at_technet.sg says...

>I am currently setting up Oracle 7.1 and Applications 10.4 on a DEC
>Alpha OSF/1 machine. During the Applications installation, the various
>modules' data and and indexes have all been configured to store into 2
>tablespaces (APDAT for data and APIND for indexes).
>
>I am thinking of moving the database to a new file system and
>re-organising the tablespaces so that for example, GL module will have
>GLDAT and GLIND as its tablespaces, and so on for other modules. I have
>done a full database export, but I am not sure how to divide out the
>APDAT and APIND tablespaces into smaller ones on import.
>
>Any advice or suggestions on out to divide out the tablespaces (not
>necessarily using import or export) will be much appreciated. Also,
>should each application module have its own xxDAT and xxIND tablespaces,
>or would it be advisable to group related modules (eg, AP and GL)
>into common tablespaces?
>
>Please send your replies to lwngo_at_tmi.com.sg, thanks!

Follow these steps

  1. export the table
  2. drop the table
  3. create the table and indexes in seperate tablespaces
  4. import the data

This way import will use the table you have created rather than to create the table and index where they were.

Bob Johnson
Computervision
Sydney Australia Received on Sat Jul 29 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message