Re: Designer2000/Window Installation Problem

From: <Gary>
Date: 1995/07/27

> David Ng <David_Ng_at_mindlink.bc.ca> writes:
> I need help in installation of Designer 2000 on Personal Oracle.
>
> When I install Designer2000 on Personal Oracle and I encounter the
> following message after the 1st import.
>
> [Stop] : procedural option is not enabled

 <snip>

David,

Are you sure PL/SQL is enabled? (i.e. when you go into SQL/PLUS, do you get the "PL/SQL Release 2.1.4.0.0 - Production" message?). If you are sure that the install went fine (there's a log file of the Personal Oracle7 install somewhere on your hard drive, although the name escapes me), the only other cause might be that you are starting up the database with the configuration "*Windows 7.1 No PL/SQL".

I have installed Personal Oracle7 half a dozen times, with a couple of Designer/2000 installs as well, and have never ran into the problem you described. Please keep us posted on your progress... and good luck!

Gary Wong

PS My installs were all on machines with 16Megabytes... make sure you have a HUGE permanent Windows swap file (mine is 60Megs), and free up as much conventional memory as possible. You'll need all this memory when you start loading the stored packages... Received on Thu Jul 27 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message