Re: SQLLOAD / Rollback

From: Phil Fielder <fimad_at_archie.lanl.gov>
Date: 1995/07/27

babini_at_bwi.bepr.ethz.ch (Dr. Mario A. Babini) wrote:
>When I try to load a big table with sqlload, I get an error because the rollback segments
>cannot be extended. This is because there is no commit during the load.
>
>Is there a way to execute a commit during the load?
Mario,
 Use the imp parameter, Commit=Y, to reduce size of rollback segs. Also for large imports, some oracle tuning guides recommend increasing the number of rows in the array that is inserted using the Buffer parameter, (e.g. Buffer=10240000). Pertinent documentation is : Oracle7 Server Utilty User's Guide, Ch 2.

phil

--
Philip Fielder            YellNet 505.665.3227   Facility for
Infor.,Management,