I-node requirements

From: Steve.Yackey <yackey_at_churchill>
Date: 1995/07/27

I received an e-mail recently from an associate installing Oracle 7.1.4, I believe. The basic complaint [edited]:

>It looks like Oracle installation requires in excess of 60000 inodes to
>install successfully. It has also been discovered that the oracle
>installation does not discover the errors/limited inodes and never
>reports the failures to copy the files on to the target. The
> installation seemed to have gone through
>successfully on the surface and through the user interface oracle provides
>to install the software. You will discover this only when you try to start
>the DB server that there is no DB server installed on your machine!!!!!!!!!!!

I am assuming that this was a 'default' installation, meaning taking the default filenames and sizes, but I haven't confirmed that yet. Now I'm sure that I-nodes are consumed, like any other time you create files and directories, but 60000.

Since, 1) I have installed Oracle a few times without problem, but am by no means an expert 2) have seen no mention of anything like this in any of the documentation; I thought I'd ask the collective wisdom:

Has anyone experienced/heard of this kind of problem ??

Thanx in advance,
Steve Received on Thu Jul 27 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message