Re: HP LVM and Oracle

From: Dirk Breuer <Dirk_Breuer_at_p110.f5888.n240.z2.fidonet.org>
Date: 1995/07/26

bmcdan # ix.netcom.com_at_2:240/5889 meinte am 23.07.95 zum Thema "HP LVM and Oracle":

binc> From: bmcdan_at_ix.netcom.com
binc>
binc>
binc>  Does anyone know what Oracle's recommendation is on the use of LVM. If
binc> I extend the filesystem for a database instance which makes it extend
binc> to another physical drive does this hamper performance on any great
binc> scale. Are there any experiences out there with admins implementing
binc> disk mirroring with LVM and noticing increased performance on a read
binc> intensive app.

Yesterday my company started mirroring with LVM on our 20GB DB. HP technicians told us, that the read performance would be increased, because of parallel read operations on the database. But I've no idea about wether performance really increases neither about your first question because, we've reorganized our DB recently.

Dirk Received on Wed Jul 26 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message